Finance and Human Resources Assistant
Cocoa, FL • Full-time •
Travel Percentage: 0%
Required Security Clearance: None (ITAR Eligible)
This is an Exempt position working for a growth-stage space launch company in Cocoa, Florida.
Under the general direction of the Controller, the Office Manager will provide accounting and Human Resources support in areas including employee onboarding, payroll, employee benefits, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash flow, general ledger, journal entries, account reconciliation and Financial Statements.
In this position, you will work with a team of enthusiastic engineers, and subcontractors that design, develop, and test our innovative STAR-3D hybrid rocket engine-powered small launch vehicle. You will be responsible for helping support the early stage financial and personnel activities essential to effective corporate operations. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, contributing to efficient operations, while demonstrating personal leadership, knowledge of performance measurements, and attention to detail. A willingness to branch outside your comfort zone is essential…we are a small fast-paced company, and everyone pitches in when needed. This is an opportunity to get in near the ground floor of an expanding space launch start up and have a direct impact on the flow of information that is used by executives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist with the development and preparation of P&L statements, balance sheets, cash flow, and other financial documents.
· Work closely with the Purchasing Manager to integrate invoices from Purchasing into cash flow planning.
· Assist with payroll process to ensure payroll is issued accurately and on time.
· Ensure that accounting policies and procedures are being followed by staff and external support agencies. Perform monthly audits to ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
· Participate in drafting corporate policies and procedural manuals for financial functions, review them annually, and update them as required.
· Participate in drafting corporate Human Resources policies and procedural manuals, review them annually, and update them as required.
· Help manage staffing of critical company personnel, including recruiting, and hiring documentation. Help ensure compliance with all EEOC/ADA/I-9 and other state, local and federal employment guidelines.
· Monitor employee benefits administration and assist with benefits enrollment.
· Design and coordinate special employee recognition and reward programs.
· Implement and improve new employee on-boarding and orientation process.
Minimum Education and Experience: Associates Degree in Accounting/Finance plus 3 – 5 years mid-level Finance Management experience. 2 -3 years of mid-level Human resources experience a plus.
Required Skills and Education:
· Understanding of the use of financial reports and budget/expense forecasting
· Familiarity with monthly, quarterly, and annual financial forecasting processes.
· Solid office and Information Technology (IT) skills.
· Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
· Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder) or be granted status as a "protected person" under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
· Knowledge of developing computer technology’s application to business effectiveness
Preferred Skills and Education:
· Substantial familiarity with Federal and State personnel programs; FLSA, FMLA, ERA, ADA, ADEA, EEOC and State Labor Laws.
· Experience with common HR practices and policies.
· Familiarity with business budgeting and cash flow analysis.
· Solid Microsoft Excel skills, including pivot tables and formulas.
· Past experience with Sage 50 or other accounting software.
References required and a background check will be performed. Vaya Space is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.