Cocoa, FL • Full-time •
Hours: Full Time
Travel Percentage: 0%
Required Security Clearance: None (ITAR Eligible)
We are looking for an up and coming purchasing professional to help us expand our purchasing capacity alongside our rapid growth as we transition from start-up to a profitable space launch company. In coordination with our Purchasing Manager, you will be researching and purchasing parts, working with vendors and manufacturers, and supporting a team of driven and enthusiastic engineers to design, develop, and launch our planned commercial launch vehicle.
You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating personal leadership, technical competence, and attention to detail. A willingness to branch outside your comfort zone is essential… we’re a growing fast-paced company and everyone pitches in when needed. This is an opportunity to get in near the ground floor of an expanding space launch start-up.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: (Duties and responsibilities which occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job. Incumbent(s) perform one or more of the following duties.)
· Responsible for identifying suppliers, researching goods and services, and processing purchase orders.
· Manage relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best possible purchase deals.
· Request cost proposals and negotiate contracts and prices.
· Maintain meticulous records of all transactions, purchase orders, invoices, and payments.
· Coordinate with Shipping/Receiving Manager to assure scheduled product delivery and verify receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered.
· Resolve shipment errors, delays, and other issues with suppliers.
· Build and maintain positive, long-term supplier relations.
· Monitor inventory levels of office materials and determining purchase needs.
· Advise executive team on supply chain and vendor issues.
· Perform other duties as required.
Minimum Education and Experience
· High School Diploma minimum. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, or a related field a plus.
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a buyer or purchaser role in a manufacturing, aerospace, or other related business.
Required Skills and Education:
· Excellent communications and negotiating skills.
· Solid organizational and administrative abilities.
· Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to resolve issues in a timely manner.
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy, fast-growth environment.
· Strong research and analytical skills.
· Skilled in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Power Point.
· Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder) or be granted status as a "protected person" under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Preferred Skills and Education:
· Certification from American Purchasing Society or Institute for Supply Management
· Experience in start-up environments.
· Demonstrated success at building effective relationships.
· Ability to lead with a positive attitude and approach challenges head-on.
This is an Exempt position working for a growth-stage space launch company. References required and a background check will be performed. Vaya Space is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.